Thursday, September 2, 2010

The current issue of The Irish Echo, (volume 83; No.35; Sept. 1-7) features an article written by me, and originally published in Tom McGeady's
Blue Review, about Hugh and Leo McEvoy. I wrote it on the occasion of Mr. Leo McEvoy's passing in April of this year, and my friend Peter McDermott,
associate editor of the Echo, graciously offered to publish it. If you check out the article, you will see how generous Mr. McDermott has been.
You will also see a photo of Hughie and I that I have courtesy of Father Liam Quinlan, and a photograph of Mr, McEvoy that comes courtesy of John
Pat McEvoy. I am especially grateful to J.P. for his support, and for coming to see me at the Tenement Museum.

Needless to say, without the support of Tom McGeady, the article may never have been written in the first place.

Peace and Love,

J.R. McCarthy

No comments: